MONTHLY MEDAL RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The club management will be responsible for the administration of the competition and reserves the right to modify the rules of play in any way considered desirable.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Each Monthly Medal completion shall be open to all members and access card holders of LGP.
2. Junior members are welcome; however they must be accompanied by another full adult member playing in the competition.
3. Entries are made on the day of play, by registering and paying the entry fee at the Pro Shop counter prior to play.
FORMAT OF PLAY
1. The format of play will be 18 holes Stroke Play – meaning NO gimmes!
2. Competitors must play with at least one other competitor that day (to exchange and attest scorecards)
3. Caddies cannot mark competition scorecards. Marking and signing scorecards is the responsibly of the golfer.
4. All competitors must start from hole 1, and play continuously to hole 18.
5. Preferred Lies will be informed by starters.
6. Inclement Weather, stop play immediately if you hear the horn.
7. Show each other your ball, including make, number and marking.
PRIZES AND AWARDS
1. Men & Ladies are competing together for the overall gross and net trophies and prizes.
2. Prizes will also be awarded to the best net scores from;
a. Men’s Division (all Men)
b. Ladies Division (all Ladies)
(Handicap divisions may change depending on the number of entries)
1. Maximum competition handicaps are;
a. Men – 28
b. Ladies – 36
2. Competition handicaps are taken by using the latest index USGA handicap update, and applying it to the relevant tee box slope rating.
3. Members with “away” handicaps must submit an official USGA index handicap card from their home club at the time of entry.
4. ALL competitors must have a valid USGA index handicap and must have entered a minimum of 3 scores into the handicap system within the last 3 months.
1. This event will be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews (R&A) and the United States Golf Association (USGA) and Local Rules of Laguna Golf Phuket (LGP).
2. Playing tee boxes will differ from month to month, and this will be communicated ahead of each Monthly Medal.
3. Players are required to check in at the first tee at least 10 minutes prior to their tee time.
4. All ties shall be decided by using the following countback system;
a. Last 9 holes, last 6 holes, last 3 holes
b. Then hole by hole from hole 18 backwards until a winner is decided.